———— This position has been successfully filled ————
R. Rushton Paul Consulting has been engaged by Virginia Supportive Housing to recruit a key management executive who will lead the statewide delivery of critical client facing program services this well established and highly respected non-profit. Virginia Supportive Housing, a non-profit headquartered in Richmond, VA, is committed to ending homelessness. While serving some of the most challenged members of our society, VSH has a 25-year history of nationally recognized service excellence with more than 95% of its clients not returning to homelessness.
Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume to Rush@RRushtonPaul.com
Client: Virginia Supportive Housing
Position: Director of Client Programs – Statewide
Location: Richmond, VA
The Director of Client Programs provides executive leadership and holds overall accountability for the planning, development, implementation, quality and effective delivery of all Client Programs designed to achieve this organization’s mission of eliminating homelessness and helping people reclaim their lives.
“Client Programs” include the full range of supportive services that build a client’s capacity to maintain housing, secure income or work, improve health and mental health conditions, resolve life issues, promote recovery and community integration, and manage mental health symptoms, including substance abuse disorders while maintaining sustainability and compliance with grant specific programs that support such services. Client Programs also provide skills training to improve individuals’ abilities to budget and manage finances, manage medication, secure and maintain employment, develop positive social supports, deliver crisis prevention and intervention to individuals experiencing acute distress, and provide intensive support for individuals with serious mental illness.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director and is a member of the stewardship team. The successful incumbent in this position is a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded leader with experience leading managers who lead others, developing a performance culture with high employee engagement, administering high dollar value service delivery programs, and representing the organization while sustaining a high level of collaboration with community stakeholders and all levels of staff. Professional experience leading teams in the delivery of clinical services in the treatment of substance abuse, mental health or social services is highly preferred.
- Delivers executive management leadership and oversight for multi-million dollar government-funded programs; provides strategic direction for the development and funding of new Client Programs while ensuring the effective deliver and operation of current Client Programs; partners closely with the Executive Director and Director of Finance to achieve optimal, timely and efficient utilization of resources; ensures adherence to Agency and regulatory requirements in all aspects of Client Programs and the delivery of Client Program; ensures licensure compliance as well as business process improvement measures for quality assurance and leadership development.
- Provides client program expertise; is a key partner in fundraising and volunteer initiatives; identifies benchmarking opportunities impacting program outcomes, strategies and financial monitoring.
- Serves as the organization’s key representative with state/local government partners, grant and payment for services providers and private funders participating in stakeholder meetings and building strong, sustaining and trusted relationships.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring staff such as case managers, social workers, peer specialists; ensures continual improved performance of Client Programs by leading, coaching and directing staff. Ensures appropriate staffing and ongoing collaboration between departments and teams.
- Maintains, prepares and provides Client Programs key success indicator (KPI) reporting, financial and budget reporting, and strategic planning reporting to the Executive Director, board members and outside agency partners.
- Collaborates with other departments and outside agency partners effectively ensuring team- oriented client-centered focus as well as creating a safe and secure environment for clients, staff, and visitors; ensures ultimate on-call coverage for high level concerns and program compliance; provides specific recommendations regarding performance metrics, developing and formulating standard operating procedures, crisis management focus, and staffing/training requirements.
This position directly supervises a team of 6-10 managers who supervise the delivery of clinical or counseling services by their respective groups of clinicians and counselors, encompassing over 80 team members across those various teams. These managers team members are geographically dispersed across the service footprint of the Agency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics, skills and experience:
- Bachelors’ degree from appropriately accredited institution, an advanced degree in business, healthcare management or public services administration (e.g., MBA) preferred.
- Professional experience leading teams in the delivery of clinical services in the treatment of substance abuse, mental health or social services is highly preferred
- Financial/budget planning and budget management experience. Demonstrated experience successfully managing and administering multi-million dollar programs for the delivery of client services highly preferred, including grant writing and funding requests. Experience managing in an environment requiring program accounting is a plus.
- Demonstrated success in leading and coaching teams, developing managers to effectively lead and coach others, and building workplace cultures of high employee engagement.
- Demonstrated success leading change, making positive improvements in workplace culture, developing leaders, establishing and improving performance metrics and accountability.
- Ability to develop rapport and trust with all levels of clients and staff and to build collaborative relations among interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience ensuring compliance with Joint Licensing Commission requirements, healthcare and mental health licensure, electronic health records and Medicaid billing helpful
- Must possess high level of professionalism integrity and passion for the work of the Agency.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills. Experience using MS Office Suite.
- State-wide travel required, approximately 30%.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Must have the ability to position oneself to move; ability to express oneself and convey information in an efficient manner; ability to operate office equipment such as computer, phone, fax, copier, etc., and to type on a keyboard for extended periods. Must be able to express or exchange complex ideas accurately and concisely by means of the spoken word in person. Must be able to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and have the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication in person and by telecommunications, making fine discriminations in sound. Able to lift and carry items up to 20 lbs. Able to stand for extended periods of time. Able to sit at a desk comfortably while working on a computer, for extended periods of time. Able to travel by car statewide.