———— This position has been successfully filled ————
R. Rushton Paul Consulting has been engaged by our client, a health care management services company, to recruit a chief operating officer who will have overall operating management responsibility and guide the next stage of growth for the company, reporting to the CEO and owner.
Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume to Rush@RRushtonPaul.com
Position: Chief Operating Officer
Company: A single owner company headquartered in Richmond, VA with affiliates across the country.
Compensation: Base salary plus significant bonus opportunity for achieving target outcomes. Total compensation opportunity commensurate with experience.
Reports to: Owner and Chief Executive Officer
This client manages a network of affiliated medical practices delivering a suite of unique programs helping people detoxify and recover from substance addictions. For over 20 years, their programs have delivered a remarkable 98% success rate. With ten successfully operating locations across the country, the founder and chief executive believes the company has significant opportunities for continued revenue growth and expansion.
As a senior member of the Management Team, the person in this position will drive the accomplishment of defined objectives for expansion of numbers of sites, revenue growth per site, and increased profitability. The position is highly strategic, and will require hands-on tactical execution, guidance and coaching to accomplish the desired outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and then executing the strategic plans for increased revenue growth and profitability, to include both increased numbers of sites contracted and authorized to deliver the client’s detoxification and recovery programs and increased revenue and profitability per site. Will establish both 1 year and 3 year revenue and profitability goals and the plans for accomplishing those goals.
- Achieving the agreed target increases in the numbers of sites and the agreed target increases in revenue and profitability per site, including medical practice prospect identification, relationship development, sales and negotiation to achieve appropriate agreements to become part of client’s network of locations.
- Coaching, guiding and influencing medical practitioners and staff both in Richmond and in partner sites to drive increased revenue at each site and improve each site’s profitability to achieve win-win outcomes for the local site operator and the organization.
- Developing and executing the marketing and public relations plan that will drive success in the accomplishing agreed strategic business development objectives.
- Selecting and managing appropriate service providers to assist in executing the marketing and public relations actions, and holding those service providers accountable to service level agreements for quality, effectiveness of outcomes, and cost effectiveness.
- Identifying, proposing and then implementing improvements in business practices that will improve efficiency, profitability, employee engagement and client outcomes. Assist the founder and Chief Executive in improving overall effective business management by identifying opportunities and as requested. Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and support to staff members as a senior member of the management team to create an inclusive work environment of high employee engagement, high morale and high performance.
- Key objectives in the first 12 months:
- Increase the numbers of patients entering a detoxification program by an agreed target objective established for each existing location and overall.
- Open 3 new affiliate locations that have the potential to achieve target revenue objectives
Desired Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- A self-starter who uses an entrepreneurial approach to building and guiding a business development program and who has the ability to reach out to a broader community to promote the mission of the Institution
- A track record of success leading a business operation; an approach to management that brings out the best in staff and yields pride, ownership, and a sense of team effort
- Strong track record of individual success developing sales and new business relationships, and proven ability to create win-win negotiated outcomes with strategic business partners and clients
- Possess a supportive and accessible management style, the ability to lead and motivate a diverse staff and to encourage change and growth in both people and programs, and a strong commitment to personal and professional development
- The professional credibility, intellectual depth, maturity, wisdom, humor and collaborative skills to garner the trust and confidence of the Founder and Chief Executive, owners of affiliated medical practices, community leaders and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with varied internal and external constituencies
- Superior communication skills, with the ability to summarize information and connect with a variety of audiences; clarity, crispness and persuasiveness in written and oral communications; high comfort level with current electronic media/databases
- Knowledgeable of best practices in Internet marketing, email marketing and social media and how to apply those channels effectively to drive brand development and revenue growth
- Unquestionable integrity and professionalism
Required: A Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four year college or university, a minimum 10 years of related experience, and a minimum of five years of experience managing people.
Preferred additional education and experience: The ideal candidate additionally will have a minimum of 5 years experience driving successful business outcomes with P&L accountability, a Masters Degree in Business Administration and significant financial acumen. Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Must have the ability to position oneself to move; ability to express oneself and convey information in an efficient manner; ability to operate office equipment such as computer, phone, fax, copier, etc., and to type on a keyboard for extended periods. Must be able to express or exchange complex ideas accurately and concisely by means of the spoken word in person. Must be able to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and have the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication in person and by telecommunications, making fine discriminations in sound. Able to lift and carry items up to 20 lbs. Able to stand for extended periods of time. Able to sit at a desk comfortably while working on a computer, for extended periods of time. Able to travel regularly to multiple affiliate sites around the U.S.