Achieving sustainable growth requires commitment from the whole company to build a culture that can adapt to ongoing changes in a competitive environment.In it’s research, the Gallup organization identifies six crucial components that determine a company’s ability to create a high-performance culture — one that improves top- and bottom-line business metrics.
- Implement an effective performance management process.
- Create empowerment and authority.
- Increase leadership capability at all levels of the company.
- Develop a customer-centric strategy.
- Increase communication and collaboration.
- Enhance training and development.
We’ve written previously about several of these components and it’s clear that leaders struggle to decide which changes to implement first. Gallup’s research recognizes that all six must be integrated effectively to ensure success. They conclude: “The key differentiator among the most engaged companies is a heightened intent to change — and that commitment to change has enhanced their brand with employees and customers.” Read Gallup’s full article here.
For more on some of these topics, see our articles:
- Thinking Like an Owner
- Best Practices in Performance Management
- Talent Review – Who’s on your bench?
- The Business Case for Talent Management
- Effective and Proactive Talent Management
- Forced Stack Ranking is Destructive
If you are seeking to increase your company’s performance and success, contact us to talk about how we work with other employers to accelerate success.
When employees drive your business success…
You need to talk with me.
Schedule a time for our conversation by
emailing me via the Contact page or calling me at:
An initial phone conversation is free,
with no obligation and completely confidential.
If you like what you’re reading, please Like or Share to Facebook and LinkedIn!
I value your support and thank you for it.